Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A tribute to Dad

15 years ago this month my father rejoined with Our Father in Heaven. He passed on from an 8 year battle of Lou Gherigs disease. Even though he was restrained from doing many of the things he wanted to do, he was never restrained from being with his family which I know is what he loved the most out of life. I want my father to know how much I love him and miss him and appreciate his amazing example he was to me and still is. He is so special to my heart. He always seemed to have a smile on his face. He had a heart of gold and would do anything for anybody. I want my mom to know how much I love her and and how much I admire her for the strength she has had with the loss of her love of her life. Thanks for all you have done for me mom. Your an amazing person. I am blessed to have the best parents in the universe. I am so grateful for the atonement of Christ, for the opportunity we have to live with him again to be with our families for eternity. It would be difficult to not have the knowledge of being able to be with our family after this life here on earth. Thanks for all you have done for me. Dad I love you and miss you.

10 comments:

Jill said...

Autumn,

You father was such an amazing man. I can't believe it was 15 years ago. I agree with you too, that your mother is a very speical woman. I have always looked up to and admired your mom in so many ways!

Kirstin said...

Autumn...

Profoundly written. I am so sorry I never really met your dad and that we became friends later in life. I remember you talking so greatly about him... Autumn... you too are an amazing person... so kind and pure. I love you so much. Tell your mom hi, I love her and miss her...

Take care babe,
Kirstin

Mum Karol said...

Wonerfully said. Your dad was such a superhero. He had a quote he often said, "If the Lord thinks enough of you to give you a trial or an adversity to bring you back to him, you should take it as a compliment." He lived what he taught. He once came to me in a dream with the bright wonderful smile and said, "Karol, I can't wait for you to come here, it is beautiful." I'm looking forward to the day when we can be together again. Autumn, you are a bright spot in my life. Your father and I often said that we were blessed with 4 special spirits in our home to help us through the good and the bad times. I don't know what we would ever have done without you. Your testimony is sweet. Share it often. You have such a great influence on those around you. Love You Forever, Mum

halesrock said...

Autumn, You are so thoughtful, and I too have been thinking of dad all day. I miss him terribly, but am so grateful for the knowledge of our Father's plan for us knowing we will be with our loved ones again. Mom, what a wonderful dream, and such a bright spot of hope. I love you all.

Meg and Tom said...

I can't believe I forgot when I saw you today! You as well are a very strong person for dealing with this. Your faith and love are a great example! Love ya!

Our Little Corner said...

This made me cry. Thanks! I knew this anniversary was coming up, but I didn't know the exact date.
I miss him too. I miss walking into your mom's house and not seeing the top of his bald head sticking up from the love seat. I can't ever have a milkshake without thinking about him either. Funny what you remember, huh?
I know he's working hard wherever he is and I know he's proud of all you, Oliva, Spencer and Tyler have become.

Jer or Stef said...

Thanks for reminding me to be grateful, and to TELL people I am grateful for how much I love and appreciate them!

Jamie Curtis said...

I love your dad!! You have an amazing family - all of the Edwards are incredible. I'm so glad we're family!!

Your dad is an incredible man. I remember your family visiting us in California and your dad getting in the hot tub with us. Good memories!

Annie said...

I love hearing you all talk about Phil. I regularly ask Spencer to tell me stories of his dad. It's good to get to know a little bit about the great man that shaped your lives.

Sunny & Court said...

Hi Autumn, is Sunny Dean. This post made me cry a little. I love your Dad so much and still think of him often. We are so lucky for the knowledge we have that we will be together with our families forever. I'm so glad to see that you're doing well. You have a darling family.